Editing is always so much slower than I expect it to be.
I’ve finished the last round of edits on Creampuffs, so that’s a relief, and being a bit nervous about jumping into Ashes, I decided to do the edits for Northern Portents. I printed it out, I sat in the library or my office for a couple of days, I slashed and highlighted and combined characters and took out whole scenes. Like a monster.
Feeling very proud of myself, I checked the word count: I’d dropped from 13,974 to my target of–
No, wait. My target was under 10K. But my back-stabbing word processing program informed me that I was still at 12,716. I cut less than 2K.
HOW DOES THAT WORK
I TOOK OUT SO MUCH